Although we are quickly approaching the end of 2020, the impact of this year is still taking a toll of countless individuals. This has been an unexpected year, and many qualified professionals have been furloughed or laid off due to covid. On a bright note, our team has started to notice surges in hiring from our clients! If you are starting the job search once again, check out these tips and tricks to help you successfully land a job!
- Update your resume and save it as a PDF. If you took advantage of the extra time during quarantine to learn a new skill, take a course, or become certified in a program, share this! Employers are typically looking for someone who is a go-getter and want to know how you spent your time at home. We recommend saving your resume as a PDF, so the formatting does not change in the various ATS systems.
- Clean up social media. Potential employers may be checking out your social media to get a better feel of who you are. Make sure there is no inappropriate/controversial content that could discourage someone from hiring you.
- Add “Open to Opportunities” on your LI profile. When you update your LinkedIn, you can activate the “Open to Opportunities” icon on your account to notify recruiters that you are looking for work. Take this time to develop your personal brand as well. Some examples include posting and sharing content that is meaningful to you, writing your summary to showcase your accomplishments and introduce yourself, etc.
- Update your voicemail. Listen to your voicemail to ensure that it is clear, concise, and professional. You also may want to double-check that your voice mailbox isn’t full so employers and recruiters can leave you messages.
- Network with people in the industry. Connect with professionals on Linkedin whose career you admire and are interested in learning more about. You never know who may be able to help you out in your job search!
- Reach out to TNE! Finally, make sure to contact our team! We have invested in some new, innovative tools to help both job seekers and clients better navigate the hiring process. Whether we can find you a perfect match with one of our clients, offer some advice on your resume, or put you in contact with one of our partnered career-coaches, our team is here to help! Follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter for monthly job updates. Good luck and happy job hunting!