Our team analyzed a number of IT industry reports highlighting important trends and changes in data over the past year. Heading into 2021, we want to share some of the trends that we felt could benefit our clients and candidates.
Average Tech Salaries – Despite the economic impacts of covid-19, tech salaries are still increasing across the nation. Colorado is no different. Over the past year, Denver tech salaries increased by 2.4% landing at an average of $104,968. The state as a whole increased by 5.5%.
According to Dice’s Tech Report, these are the average salaries by occupation nationwide:
Top IT Certifications – If you are looking to enhance your skillset, these were listed as the top IT certifications.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE)
- Certified Data Professional (CDP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Professional Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Oracle Certified MySQL Database Administrator (CMDBA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
Future of remote work – It has been estimated that employees save, on average, $4000 per year by working remotely. This transition into a remote culture is also positively affecting productivity, the environment, and mental health.
- 74% of employees want to work remotely more frequently post-pandemic
- Remote workers are 35% to 40% more productive than their in-office counterparts
- 81% say they would be more loyal to their employer if they had flexible work options
As an award-winning staffing firm, it is our goal to provide the best, up-to-date resources for our clients and candidates to succeed. If you are interested in partnering with our team, contact us today!