SAP- Solution Architect – BPX
Functional and Financial. Less Technical
Procurement, Financial, Production Revenue for O&G
Experience with SAP Hana 1909
Experience/approach on end-to-end standard and custom solutions
Experience in redesigning the process/solution
Experience in consolidation/merger projects
Experience on FI, PRA, PS, MM, PM Modules
Experience on S/4HANA and Fiori Apps (Standard and custom)
Experience on integration with Tax ware (Sabrix/OneSource/Vertex…)
Experience on VIM integration
Experience on integration with any MES solution
Experience on integration with Cloud solution (Ariba, Fieldglass, Concur….)
Technical Knowledge on OData service, ABAP, Workflow, PO/PI, BAPI, XML, ….
Experience on other software solution selections
FIORE is a Big Plus
Toga Architecture requirements knowledge
The Solutions Architect is accountable for the design and delivery of cohesive SAP solutions (processes, integration, data migration, and custom development) for business functions teams across BP’s Onshore Gas business, primarily focusing in procurement, plant maintenance, finance, and production revenue accounting based on industry standards and global best practices.
Individual will be a highly motivated strategic thinker, excellent collaborator to influence stakeholders in transforming the organization with cutting edge technologies in a high paced environment.
The role also requires working as individual contributor in developing strategy and roadmap for SAP landscape by working with bpx and bp Architects across the organization, identifying emerging technologies, defining Solution Architecture and owning the Design Authority. This role will work especially closely with the Enterprise Solution Architect.
The role is part of the bpx Technology team.
- Own the logical architecture, assess the baseline and set direction and govern the evolution of roadmap
- Design and oversee the development of integration-centric architectures and solutions
- Engage bpx business users and SAP project team by facilitating workshops and scoping solutions leading to successful builds, testing, and implementation
- Strong experience in design and implementation of SAP data migration solutions such as S/4 Hana Migration cockpit
- Strong experience in design and implementation of SAP FIORI applications
- Ability to lead complex SAP developments across the finance, procurement, and plant maintenance functionality
- Demonstrate excellence in designing and implementing SAP PSCM, Finance, and Plant Maintenance.
- Architecture design for future and existing solutions, ensure that technology components used fit with the overall technology strategy
- Ability to lead integration discussions with P2P Open Invoice, Ariba, Data Warehousing, and other business critical applications
- Ability to transform SAP Innovation and Optimization Pathfinder findings into a reality creating a robust SAP platform for bpx
- Define and promote SAP architecture standards and strategies
- Define new solutions using microservice-oriented architecture patterns, automating business process models and cloud-based services
- Design Technical/Integration Architectures, including development, runtime and operations architectures
- Provide technical expertise to process owners, and projects as required.
- Experience and willingness to adopt new methods of working such as DevOps, Agile, Kanban
- Build compelling cases for change and achieve buy in across architecture, security, IT operations, and business teams
- Frame architectural decisions including total costs for expected lifetime of solution.
- Contribute to the strategy for business
- Engage with Digital Security Team to assess solution design and plan changes to accommodate business requirements in accordance with security policies
- Engage with other Architects as necessary to ensure that the appropriate architectural stakeholder input is considered or concern addressed
- Organize Architecture Design Reviews to ensure wider architecture peer group input is sought for robust design
- Conduct proof of concept exercises for emerging solutions and prove out potential enhancements to the design
- Ensure designs are implemented with target architecture and key design decisions are clearly communicated to leadership and all key stakeholders
- Review and consider prospective changes to the baseline solution that have been raised by process owners, projects, production support, continuous improvement initiatives and the business for architectural impact.
- Participate in the Change Request Boards of projects and programs where there is the likelihood of potential change to the solution.
- Support executive management and project teams in technology decisions and implementation of technology strategy
- Generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the process of innovative change.
- Collaborates with and influences others not in direct line
- Outstanding people management skills with demonstrated ability to create relationships with client and team members.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Works effectively with distributed team members
- Strong third-party vendor management capabilities
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Minimum requirement of four-year college degree
Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in designing, configuring and implementing technical solutions for SAP
- Work experience as Solutions Architect S/4 Hana at least two years
- Knowledge of technical landscape and emerging trends
- Ability to document business processes and system architectures
- Experience of acting in a solution governance role
- Excellent collaboration skills, evidence of building highly effective partnerships with projects, vendors, peer architects, security teams and operational Service lines and engagement with senior stakeholders
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring, actively keeps current with developments
- Certification in TOGAF or other architecture framework(Preferred)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Professional Financial qualifications and/or sound knowledge and familiarity with accounting standards in Oil and Gas Industry.
- Familiarity and/or knowledge of production, revenue and accounting process in Oil and Gas industry.
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Previous experience as a Solution Architect or Project Architect in the finance, procurement, or plant maintenance domain
- Previous experience in enabling FIORI applications
- Project management experience
- Experience working in large matrix organization.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, deliver high quality performance on multiple, simultaneous strategic, value-added tasks and priorities
- Desire to continually learn outside of a classroom environment, and successfully apply learnings
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
- Work as part of geographically dispersed team, effectively communicating prioritized business needs and project statuses
Yes – up to 25%
Full-time: Houston, TX or Denver, CO based