11100 E Bethany Dr, Aurora, CO 80014, USA Req #519
The vision of Colorado Access is to have healthy communities transformed by the care that people want at a cost we can all afford. Our mission is to partner with communities and empower people through access to quality, affordable care.
Why should you consider a career with Colorado Access?
We are a Colorado-based company, working to improve the health of our state. We care for individuals, families, and children who receive health care under Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) and Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program). Our focus is driving improvements in quality, member experience, outcomes, and cost. We are a mission-driven organization whose foundation is built by our vision, supported by our values and pillared by diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Find work/life balance: We offer PTO, floating holidays, seven company paid holidays, work from home options (exceptions apply), an Employee Assistance Program and a 401K.
- Be a part of something bigger and make an impact: We serve the underserved and most vulnerable populations in our community through access to quality and affordable health care. No matter what you do for Colorado Access, you are impacting our community and making a difference.
- Sharpen your skills, learn, and grow: We support your continued development through tuition reimbursement, leadership training, promotion opportunities, performance evaluations, employee recognition, and a language pay stipend.
What you will do:
We are looking for a Product Owner like you who can help shape our vision and support our mission. Here is what the day-to-day functions will look like:
- Collaborates with Business Stakeholders, IT Leadership, vendors, and end users to develop a roadmap and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Works with cross-functional Agile teams and shared services including data analytics, development, and design/user experience.
- Responsible for building, editing, and maintaining the team backlog.
- Work across all agile teams to define and implement improvements to enhance speed and quality.
- Participates in the Scrum of Scrums to ensure cross team collaboration and coordination.
- Participates in team demos and retrospectives.
- Sets the direction for product development in alignment with the enterprise vision.
- Participates and provides input into the product development that our vendors own.
- Understands customer requirements and validates that the developed solution(s) will deliver value to our customers and our business.
- Turns data insights into actionable outcomes for users and stakeholders.
- Partners with stakeholders and users across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Translates product(s) roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories and acceptance test criteria.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the needs of stakeholders and resource availability
- Defines and executes release plans, working to ensure that impacted departments and users have what they need to be successful.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance to evaluate future investment and needs.
- Manages major system-centered projects or the system portion of corporate initiatives:
- Upgrades: Assessments, planning, and execution.
- Mandate-driven changes.
- Optimize/Standardize the use of system.
- Stands up new lines of business as needed.
- Serves as thought leader with respect to leveraging the system to the best financial and performance advantages for COA.
- Creates or assists in the creation of business cases and financial models to support the customization of the product or custom software added to the product suite.
- Responsible for the creation of user stories, using interviews, document analysis, workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis. Builds consensus, provides direction and oversight.
- Participates in requirements prioritization by assisting the business with understanding the value of requested enhancements and the impact to COA if the enhancement is not completed.
- Leads requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and conform to standards.
- Represents the product’s capabilities to stakeholders throughout the organization. Develops and delivers presentations regarding the product to executive management, customers and other audiences, as required.
- Participates in incidents as an escalation contact supporting the incident management processes as required for urgent and high incidents.
- Stays abreast of industry and technology trends to serve as Subject Matter Expert and trainer/mentor to other IT and business team members.
- Manages customer facing communication via voice, email, and related ticketing/work request systems.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of the environment portfolio and technical aspects of the services and solutions.
What you will bring:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineer or business-related field. Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may substitute with a preference for four years progressive relevant work experience.
Experience: Minimum of four years’ experience working in the capacity of a Product Owner in an Agile environment or equivalent. Experience with Scrum and/or Lean Kanban framework preferred. Previous experience in the role of a single point of contact between a vendor and client or business and IT. Experience working with Healthcare system is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Demonstrates technical leadership skills and strong knowledge of applications, IT infrastructure and 3rd party interfaces with ability to use various IT systems. Demonstrates support for the company’s mission, vision and values with strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong analytical skills, entrepreneurial thinking, facilitation skills, observational skills, organizational skills and interpersonal and relationship building skills required. Must have excellent track record of success as a collaborative partner. A strong working knowledge of HIPAA regulations is required for codes and transactions, security, and privacy. Must be able to establish good working relationships with every level in the company. Requires exemplary customer service skills. Ability to identify problems, research alternatives and resolve them. Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Requires excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and tasks. Requires adaptability to produce and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and changing environment, and the ability to work independently. Requires excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with tight deadlines. Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and related integration features. Familiarity with SQL, ETL, and APIs a strong plus. Experience working with backend applications, data analysis and writing SQL queries a plus.
Licenses/Certifications: Product owner certification, Agile Coach certification and/or PMP Certification preferred. A valid driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance will be required for any positions requiring driving.
Together we will be: an innovative and collaborative team who supports each other, the employees and vision of the company to reach our goals individually, together and as an organization.
Pay, Perks and Benefits at Colorado Access:
The compensation for this position is $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 annually. The pay rate/salary is commensurate with experience.
In addition to being part of a mission driven organization serving our community, as an eligible Colorado Access employee, you’ll receive a generous benefits package, that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance that starts the first day of the month following start date.
- Supplemental insurance such as critical illness and accidental injury.
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending account options.
- Employer-paid basic life insurance and AD&D (employee, spouse and dependent).
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Voluntary life insurance (employee, spouse, dependent).
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement (based on eligibility).
- Annual bonus program (based on eligibility, requirements and performance).
- TypeDirect Hire