NOTES: 11/5/20 – This is with a Different Org at Maxar than we have worked with before. Thye have approval to get these 2 positions onboarded and hoping these hires will get them more business within this organization. However there is a chance that these roles may not get hired by Maxar as Trace 3 is also competing with another consulting service group. So the key is to find some very strong candidates to yield these hires and more work.
Key Skills: Mgmt. Consulting exp. BigX – Accenture, PWC, etc.
Not looking for someone who runs Their Own LLC consulting for Big firms. They prefer someone who has worked directly for the big guys.
Wide range of experience other than just Product Owner would be nice – PM, Scrum Master, BA work. Etc.
Agile/Scrum is key but Maxar is still Moving toward AGILE –in SAFE framework. They will straddle multiple teams.
PO model – Should be a go getter, flexible. Navigate political environment. Understand they are not fully in AGILE and Safe.
Dylan – Hiring Mgr. Has a Lead Scrum Master but he doesn’t work at pace she needs so this person will assist in Scrum
BS Degree or Certs preferred.
MUST BE A US Citizen
Multiple Projects Including: (Do not need background in these): Satellite Technology, Cyber Security and readiness, Revenue assessment, Operations
5-7 years ideal. Need to keep to the comp range. Under $80/hr.
They working with TNE and Judge Group on these.
Senior Product Owner – Maxar
The Senior Product Owner is responsible for defining and articulating product vision in collaboration
with the business and ensuring technical implementation aligns with requirements and acceptance
criteria. They will likely be responsible for a portfolio of products or programs and key to cross-portfolio,
cross-program planning and alignment. They are on-point for coordinating and collaborating with
multiple Scrum Masters to ensure requirements are clearly understood, prioritized and groomed
accordingly in the back-log, and implemented in accordance with sprint timelines and acceptance
• Define and articulate product vision, road-map and growth opportunities in collaboration with
• Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
• Work closely with Product Management/the business to create and maintain a product backlog
according to business priorities, value or ROI
• Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on
those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
• Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
• Take the lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
• Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the
• Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
• Provide/support backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories in
collaboration with the Scrum Master
• Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new
• Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of
Release/Sprint Goals; remove blockers
• Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
• 5+ years of experience working in a Product Owner capacity
• Previous working experience as a Scrum Master nice-to-have
• In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
• Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Creative thinker with a vision
• Attention to details
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- Consulting (not contracting) experience (perhaps 2-5 years+). Ideally Big X or mid-size consulting firm experience with performing this type of a role.