Behavioral Scientist Remote 8/17/20
- Ideal B-groud in Utilities, Financial Services, Telco, Power, Any industry with a monthly customer billing cycle.
- MUST Have A PHD in Cognitive, Neuro-, or Experimental Psychology. Or in Behavioral Economics.
- Cannot be academic. Must have 1+ years as a professional consultant
- Customer Facing (although mostly virtual)
- No Tobacco, Gambling, industry that doesnt work for the good of the world.
This will be REMOTE. THey will visit virtually with clients UNTIL Covid ends. Then they will travel to client sites EXTENSIVELY
Senior Behavioral Scientist
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the debt recovery industry and improve lives in North America and around the world.
- We’re looking for someone who can master the mind. If you are a Behavioral Scientist who jumps directly into a customer’s head through tried and true research methods, we want your secrets.
- We really want to hear from you if you have collections industry experience and you’re open to a contract to hire role, where you’ll strategically partner with us to plan and optimize customer engagement campaigns.
- As Symend’s trusted customer engagement guru, you’ll develop the model we will use to engage and convert at-risk customers for our telecommunications, utility, and banking clients.
- This opportunity is unique because it gives you the ability to use your research and get creative on messaging, delivery, and treatment in order to nudge customers toward self-treatment and better payment behavior.
What you’ll be doing
- Your heart skips a beat when you uncover target customer pain points, thought-patterns, and triggers
- You love developing, testing, and evaluating behavior models and algorithms that inform target customer conversion tactics, therefore positively impact our company, our clients, and their customers
- The word “data” gets you smiling every single time (and complex data sets with multiple variables and time periods really allow you to shine)
- You have a passion for engaging clients and team members by producing client reports, while participating in and delivering presentations, and teaching scientific research to clients
- Reviewing research literature to leverage concepts for customers segmentation and personalized messaging is your jam
- You love a fast-paced environment and can quickly (and accurately) turnaround iterations
- You have no qualms when it comes to triaging possible action plans in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment
- You have proven knowledge of field experiment design and statistics, and are eager to apply experimental methods to gain insights on effective messaging strategies
What you need
- All positions require background screening. This will include criminal and education checks to comply with regulations.
- PhD in psychology (preferably social, cognitive, or consumer) or judgment and decision-making, ideally with post-doc experience
- Proven experience in experimental design, methodology and statistics directly related to behavioural science, cognition, judgement, or decision making
- Background in commercial, consulting, consumer behavior marketing, or economic empirical behavior an asset
- You’re an independent thinker who is deadline-driven, collaborative, and highly organized
We could tell you all about our competitive compensation, flexible work environment, beer Fridays, and
awesome team events, but working at Symend is so much more than that.
Working at Symend means being part of a driven and collaborative team that values trust, accountability and continuous learning. We work hard, but always make time for fun!
You get the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives
You get unique opportunities to serve leading global businesses including Tier-1 telecom providers, major utility companies and Fortune 500 financial institutions
You get to make history as we disrupt the debt recovery industry for the good and change the way companies engage with their clients
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands.
Symend: The science of engagement.™