Business System Analyst I
11100 E Bethany Dr, Aurora, CO 80014, USA Req #570
Wednesday, September 27, 2023
The vision of Colorado Access is to have healthy communities transformed by the care that people want at a cost we can all afford. Our mission is to partner with communities and empower people through access to quality, affordable care.
Why should you consider a career with Colorado Access?
We are a Colorado-based company, working to improve the health of our state. We care for individuals, families, and children who receive health care under Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) and Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program). Our focus is driving improvements in quality, member experience, outcomes, and cost. We are a mission-driven organization whose foundation is built by our vision, supported by our values and pillared by diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Find work/life balance: We offer PTO, floating holidays, seven company paid holidays, work from home options (exceptions apply), an Employee Assistance Program and a 401K.
- Be a part of something bigger and make an impact: We serve the underserved and most vulnerable populations in our community through access to quality and affordable health care. No matter what you do for Colorado Access, you are impacting our community and making a difference.
- Sharpen your skills, learn, and grow: We support your continued development through tuition reimbursement, leadership training, promotion opportunities, performance evaluations, employee recognition, and a language pay stipend.
What you will do:
We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst I like you who can help shape our vision and support our mission. Here is what the day-to-day functions will look like:
- Analyze impact of system problems and resulting system design changes, upgrades, etc. and determine if training vs. system issue.
- Help to evaluate the severity based on understanding the impacted business processes.
- Collaborate with system vendor and operational areas to remediate system problems
- Manage ticketing systems for timely resolutions of issues.
- Participate in negotiations if multiple solutions are involved, especially if workarounds are involved.
- Participate in process improvements in business operations unit by documenting requested changes and validating the results.
- Organize department-specific reports and assist with development/maintenance.
- Review operational reports, investigate outliers and report an analysis of the results to Director/Managers.
- Prioritize system change requests with input from the business operations unit.
- Represent business operations unit on departmental Change Control Board.
- Create, manage and maintain test case inventory.
- Oversee process to monitor roles/permissions and document/research/validate changes.
- Document and test recommend configuration solutions, working with the system vendor to finalize configuration design when necessary. Coordinate testing with internal business as needed.
- Elicit, assess and document business requirements.
- Oversee project tasks for business operations area and provider status updates to stakeholders.
- Represent business operations area on project related change control boards.
- Create and execute test cases for project implementation.
- Create and manage training and education materials for business operations area and implement trainings for staff as needed.
What you will bring:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Five or more years of experience of eliciting and writing business requirements, or supporting systems analysis work. Experience creating business process diagrams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to interact and communicate effectively with business stakeholders. Must be able to quickly understand business process and determine business needs. Ability to partner with technical teams and understand technical details of software designs. Fast learner, analytical thinker, very detail oriented and has proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
Licenses/Certifications: A valid driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance will be required.
Together we will be: an innovative and collaborative team who supports each other, the employees and vision of the company to reach our goals individually, together and as an organization.
Pay, Perks and Benefits at Colorado Access:
The compensation for this position is $65,000.00 to $90,000.00 annually. The pay rate/salary is commensurate with experience.
In addition to being part of a mission driven organization serving our community, as an eligible Colorado Access employee, you’ll receive a generous benefits package, that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance that starts the first day of the month following start date.
- Supplemental insurance such as critical illness and accidental injury.
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending account options.
- Employer-paid basic life insurance and AD&D (employee, spouse and dependent).
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Voluntary life insurance (employee, spouse, dependent).
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement (based on eligibility).
- Annual bonus program (based on eligibility, requirements and performance).
Where you will work:
This position will be a hybrid model work environment, a blend of ‘In-Office’ and ‘Remote.’
We are not able to support out of state employees at this time as we continue to serve our members and community in the metro Denver area and across the beautiful state of Colorado.
Colorado Access is committed to providing equal opportunities to all people regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex, genetic information, religion, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. We strive to maintain a work environment that is free from unlawful harassment and discrimination.