Job Title: Systems Engineer
Under the supervision of the Infrastructure Manager, the Systems Engineer III is responsible for the design, engineering and deployment of Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud, and Applications for InnovAge and its affiliates. This includes the operational handoff, applicable documentation and training around new environments for other support teams. This position maintains the security, availability, performance and backup of all related systems in accordance with InnovAge policies and procedures.
Functional Category: Infrastructure Services
Estimated Percent of time Spent – 100%
- Implement, configure, monitor, optimize, and manage data storage platforms (NAS/SAN, Hyper-Converged, etc.)
- Assists in the design, implementation, and management of Cloud Infrastructure, storage, virtualization and new InnovAge topologies and infrastructure as needed, in order to support maximum system availability of all InnovAge applications.
- Provides architecture and engineer support of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory Services.
- Maintains and configures Azure environment including SSO, permissions, virtual machines, storage accounts, etc.
- Ensures that the InnovAge Server, Virtualization, and Storage environment is current within industry guidelines.
- Ensures that backup and recovery are in place including requirements for Disaster Recovery.
- Collaborates with vendors, contractors, and other internal teams in order to support all InnovAge applications.
- Supports technology projects as required, while providing minimal disruption to operational systems.
- Assists with and supports new facility builds and Merger and Acquisition projects including site visits, site surveys, data migrations, AD and file share configurations, application installations and implementation, network and phone cutovers, vendor management, etc.
- Assists with department planning in collaboration with other IT professionals as required.
- Maintains and audits all documentation as it relates to the configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contacts, etc.
- Responds to, resolves and minimizes adverse impacts to the business caused by errors in the IT infrastructure, assists with actions used to prevent recurrence of incidents.
- Monitors and reports current resource utilization and errors in the data and storage environment on an ongoing basis.
- Assists with asset management which includes the maintenance of component asset inventory and related documentation/technical specifications.
- Adheres to all InnovAge compliance and information security policies, practices and procedures which include the handling of systems and data.
- Performs ongoing monitoring, analysis, trending and reporting of current utilization levels and estimates future requirements using trends and thresholds for planning upgrades and enhancements.
- Ensures that management is aware of all known and identified risks to system availability, performance, reliability etc.
- Assists with determining policy and procedures for server, storage and virtual infrastructures.
- Provides Tier III technical support, training, documentation, and direction to peers at all levels including end users and Tier I/II/III staff. Collaboratively working with all Tiers and teams mentoring, teaching and training at all opportunities, while developing and maintaining standard procedures for proper support tier escalations.
- Additional work functions and duties may be assigned.
- Some light Travel required
- Overnight travel out of state
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Associates degree in computer science, computer information systems, computer engineering or a related field from an accredited college.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, computer engineering or a related field from an accredited college.
Work Experience and Qualifications
- Seven (7) years of experience providing data/storage network enterprise services and infrastructure support/implementation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in enterprise architecture, system design, capacity planning, HA/DR, enterprise environment monitoring, maintenance, administration, and engineering.
- Current experience with NAS/SAN data storage devices such as NetApp, Dell, etc.; converged technologies such as Nutanix, Cohesity, etc. and traditional compute such as HPE servers.
- Current experience administering and maintaining VMware virtual environments and technologies.
- Current experience with Microsoft technologies and products including AD/DNS/DHCP/GPO, Exchange, Skype, SharePoint, etc.
- Current experience working with Cloud technologies including deployment, implementation, data migration, and monitoring.
- Experience architecting, designing, implementing, optimizing, troubleshooting, and maintaining Microsoft 365 components and features including, but not limited to, Exchange Online, Skype for Business online, SP online, Dynamics CRM online.
- Experience working in a fast paced, diverse environment and managing multiple tasks and projects in order to maintain system availability and resiliency.
- Two (2) years or more Azure Cloud and Microsoft 365 experience.
- Experience working in the Healthcare Industry.
Experience with Technologies
- Azure / Microsoft 365
- Exchange / Exchange Online
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
- Microsoft Systems and Cloud certifications
- VMware certifications
- Other related industry certifications (i.e. NetApp, Zerto, Nutanix, Commvault, f5, etc.)