• Contract Duration:6 Months
• Likelihood of Extension: Low and unlikely
• Core Working Hours:8:00am-5:00pm MST for onshore resources. And normal working hours for offshore resource depending on where their located.
• Work Week: 40 hours
• Project Description: With the acquisition Goldcorp by Newmont, there are multiple on-premise data centers; Denver, Markham, Calgary & within the regions/sites, each running similar infrastructure services on aging hardware. This effort is aimed at consolidating and reducing data center footprint by migrating applications to the cloud.
• Reporting to:Senior Manager, Enterprise Architecture
• Team Size/Structure:5-6 direct, and ~15 indirectly with some of our service providers i.e. Microsoft
• Hiring Process: one video conference interview to an offer, 2 rounds of interview, etc.? Once we have down-selected, we’ll setup WebEx interviews with the business. After those have been conducted, we may ask for additional WebEx interviews with other internal partners.
- Can this work be done fully remote or is some onsite work required? Where is your on-prem data center located?
Yes, it can be done remotely. On-Prem is in Markham (outskirt of Toronto) and Denver.
- How many and what version of Windows based servers will be migrated?
We have multiple versions; anywhere from 2008 to 2016 windows based server. A little over 1000 servers. We’re going through vetting process. Applications are getting dispositioned (some will be retired)
- What Azure migration tools will Newmont be using for this project?
- Besides migrating applications and servers to Azure and using a migration tool, what depth of experience is required with Azure?
Windows administration is more important, we can train the person on the migration tools.
Newmont is currently looking for a total of (3) Migration Specialists to start on or about October 19th 2020. These can be either onshore, offshore, or mix of both. Below is the Skills/Qualifications and Responsibilities for the role. Since there are three positions open, we’ll allow up to 10 resumes/profiles. If you need additional information about this role, and/or the project they are will be working on in efforts to find the right candidate(s), please send those directly to me and do not reach out to the business.
- Technical knowledge and experiences on migrating on-premise workload to Azure using cloud migration tools is a must.
- Install, configure and administer Windows-based servers.
- Basic understanding of network and routing and ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Understanding of SQL Databases, configuration, backup/restore methods
- Must have working knowledge of in a virtual environments
- Familiarity with system resiliency; backup/restore, clustering and disaster recovery
- Independent working style and proficient problem solving skills
- Able to work and communicate clearly with diverse group of people to reach a census on how the tool needs to be used
- Good written communication skills – able to document meetings, develop processes and procedures
- Migrate assigned applications and servers to Azure
- Install and configure Windows based servers and databases
- Configure cloud migration tool for workload migration from on-premise Data Center to the Cloud
- Contribute to migration methodology and discuss alternatives
- Adhere to processes and procedures
- Develop test scenarios, build test cases and document unit test evidences
- Issue Date: September 8th
- Resumes/Profiles received by: September 21st 3:00pm MST
- Business will review and down-Select by: September 24th
- WebEx Interviews: Week of September 28th
- Tentative Start Date: October 19th