This week was Giving Tuesday, a global generosity movement that encourages people to do good. Your social media feed may have been filled with individuals and businesses participating in various acts of kindness. You may have even participated in this yourself! Talent Navigation has been committed to supporting our local community since its inception. Although our team was not able to come together to volunteer in-person this fall, we have shared a few ways to pay it forward and be generous during this holiday season.
For the person who has a way with words:
- Set up a video chat with some who is celebrating the holidays alone.
- Write a positive review for your favorite local restaurant.
- Comment something kind to someone you know on social media.
- Give your co-worker a compliment!
- Leave a note of encouragement on your kid’s school notebook.
For the person who loves to connect over a meal:
- Send cookies to the new neighbor on your street.
- Leave treats at your door for the people delivering packages this season.
- Buy coffee for the person in line behind you.
- Donate canned food to your local food bank.
For the person who volunteers their time to help others:
- Deliver flowers or handmaid cards to your local nursing home.
- Help someone learn a skill where you excel.
- Relieve the stress of someone in your household by organizing a cluttered room in your house.
Despite this crazy year, we have a lot to be grateful for, and there are always ways to give back. Talent Navigation Experts is always looking for ways to support the Denver community, but our team is especially proud to be partners with local nonprofit, SungateKids.
SungateKids is a Colorado-based children’s advocacy agency, and they are recognized nationally for providing forensic interviews to child victims of crime. In an effort to support the mission of Sungate, our team has pledged to give 1% of our gross margin to this incredible organization annually.
During this season of giving, there are endless opportunities to give back, and the TNE team is truly proud to call SungateKids our long-term non-profit partner!
For more information about our philanthropic efforts, click here.