Project Manager – OSS/Inventory Management
OSS/Inventory Management Project Manager to lead the implementation of an inventory management system that collects data and synchronizes it with dynamic network information. This includes resources available, consumed, repository for service instances, 5G network slices, virtual and physical resources.
Own the technical vision, direction, development, and delivery of a specific OSS domain within the end to end IT architecture.
- Ensures the domain delivers the business functionality required by becoming the subject matter expert via hands on working experiencing within the domain.
- Develop and evolve the specific domain strategy that aligns with the end to end architecture and the business objectives.
- Continuous evaluation and recommendations of vendor solutions, technology capabilities, and industry trends.
- Daily functional architecture duties such as analysis, design, functional requirements, and integration activities specific to the domain supported. • Primary business liaison to the user groups that will be utilizing and/or maintaining the domain in the production environment.
- Influence, coach, and educate project teams, other teams, vendors, and business partners on the purpose, business functionality, and platform interactions/dependencies of the domain(s) supported.
- Own key relationships both up and downstream of the domain to ensure alignment of domain purpose, requirements, and business functionality it needs to support.
- Provide domain level expertise and direction to Project Managers, Business Liaisons, System Analysts, other Architects and Developers.
- Engage across project teams, vendors and other stakeholders to ensure business projects and enabling technology are delivered in line with the domain supported. • Communicate technical decisions to non-technical audiences and build consensus around them.
- Participate in conversations with various teams to brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve domain capabilities and development delivery.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Have 5+ years of hands on experience developing and/or supporting telecommunication OSS platforms (wireless experience a plus).
- Knowledge of telecommunication industry best practices within the OSS domain and across the end to end architecture.
- Consider yourself a great visual communicator and are able to create documents that describe systems, integrations, software functionality, and other key concepts using tools like Visio, Draw.io, etc.
- Familiarity with public cloud offerings (AWS, GCP)