Experience with AI/ML platforms, tools and algorithms like H2O.ai, scikit-learn etc and can build AI/ML models and tune them for better predictions and recommendations.
Data Science Engineer
DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We’re driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – and we’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
The Data Science Engineer is responsible for building AI/ML solutions to identify insights, predictions and recommendations using the DISH Wireless Commercial data providing value to the DISH business team and build analytics product offerings in the marketplace for Commercial customers. These monetizable products should have necessary guardrails aligning with security, privacy, compliance and regulations. This individual will play an active role in delivery and ensure alignment to the end-state architecture.
Responsibilities will vary, but ultimately include:
- Provide technical expertise in Advanced Analytics
- Discover information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help make smarter decisions to deliver a better product and service
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Work with various business units to develop automated data science solutions that add business and customer value
- Translate complex data science concepts to business understandable insights
- Build prototypes to test proof-of-concepts
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet the partner, user and business goals
- Deliver solutions, features using agile delivery methodologies
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- 3+ years of hands-on Data Science development experience
- Strong coding experience in Python, Scala, and SQL
- Experience using popular data science libraries (i.e. scikit-learn, Spark ML, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Ability to explain machine learning techniques, find right data and solve problems
- Proficient with creating data visualization (i.e. Matplotlib, Seaborn, etc.)
- Experience working with project management and Agile mentality
- Knowledge and experience with TDD, CI/CD, cloud native and 12 Factor Apps
- Experience working with containerization platforms (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding of data science algorithms including classification, forecasting and deep neural networks
- Experience in cloud technologies (like AWS) and data analytics platforms
- Experience in working with Big Data structured and unstructured
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Information Technology or equivalent professional experience (Master’s degree is preferred)
- Experience building fully automated, configuration driven, extensible solutions
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to adapt and deep dive into new technologies
- Strong desire to learn new things and continually improve