We are looking for an administrator, someone who has been hands on in support, user admin access, etc.
We are on the lookout for a strong Tableau server administrator. This candidate’s Tableau experience seems to be centered more around development of reports and dashboards rather than server administration. We do not require Tableau developers as most of the development is handled by the business stake holders themselves.
Tableau Server Administrator
Job ID 2019-49348
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Tableau Server Administrator will be a member of the Enterprise Data Warehouse team that manages and provides administration support for Tableau. The candidate will support Tableau platform ensuring functionality, accessibility and security of the platform as well as plan, schedule, perform patching, and make upgrades to the platform. They will also be responsible for performing system backup and recovery procedures. Additional duties are as follows:
- Monitor the Tableau server and analyze utilization patterns for user feedback, management reporting and future planning.
- Forecast utilization patterns and recommends capacity changes.
- Track Tableau server license compliance.
- Track and reports system performance metrics.
- Establish and maintain performance baselines, troubleshoot performance issues and provide recommendations/fixes for identified issues.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement and automation of tasks.
- Assist users with development and optimization of Tableau workbooks for optimal performance.
- In-depth experience with design & development of Workbook Dashboards, and Data Sources through Tableau Desktop
- Ability to recommend best practices of development and optimize dashboards.
- Hands on Experience on Tableau Architecture for Tableau 9.x/10.x/2018.x
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau Server platform and server-side functionalities.
- Experience on Tableau Administration including Install and upgrade in a distributed enterprise environment.
- Advanced knowledge of performance diagnosis and optimization. Be able to analyze system resource utilization, bottlenecks and plan platform capacity sizing.
- Experienced in tabcmd/tsm command-line functions.
- Experience with automation and deployment of data sources/workbooks across environment, alerts via scripting.
- Experience and familiarity with performance monitoring and troubleshooting tools/commands ( TabMon, PerfMon, LogShark, VizAlerts)
- Experienced in communicating with Tableau support and resolving issues.
- Experience with Tableau Admin Views.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University with at least 2 years of focused Tableau administration experience and total 4+ years of Tableau experience in an IT Department, preferably within a Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence Team and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in data analysis and creating data sets from multiple source systems
- Experience with implementing new tools and technologies and maintaining them.
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud technologies
- Knowledge in data sciences.
- Experience working within the Telco/Cable/Satellite industry a definite plus
- Excellent Communication and Documentation skills