Qual Notes 1/4:
- Personality, Customer Service is HUGE. Dont have to be an extrovert but cant be the "Scary IT Guy" either. Some "White Glove" service with Executives.
- Main goal is upgrading 18,000 machines to Windows 10 20H2.
- SCCM Admin exp is a MUST
- He wants a strong "jump right in" guy who can also give opinions as to how things should be accomplished.
- The team is Blake, 1 other FTE Rockstar on the team and 1 contractor who is more junior. Supposed to be a team of 4. (One guy just left) .
- No On Call really. They are top tier of support. Level 1-3 underneath them. Any issues that require off hours Blake will handle himself.
- Blake lives in Tulsa, OK, Bill his boss is in West Virginia. THis role will be FULL REMOTE. But would prefer they are close to Denver if possible. Will look at anywhere but Denver ppl will get 1st looks.
- Ideally they would have a Bachelors Degree. But not a MUST
- Should have VMware exp OR Intune/Autopilot. Doesnt need both.
- Need to have enterprise b-ground. (10k machines Not 800).
- First 30 Days will be ramp up and learn.
- Blake Not a Micro Manager
Duration: 6 months (contractor only)
We are searching for a Windows System Administrator (Contractor Only) to work with the Enterprise Device Management (EDM) team, which is responsible for all Windows workstation devices across the enterprise.
We develop the standard images for physical machines, create software installation packages, patch the machines regularly, administrate the VMware Horizon environment, and provide top-tier support to the rest of Dish IT when troubleshooting issues.
This position will assist with a couple of major projects early in the year, along with helping with day-to-day activities. Interviews will be conducted with the EDM manager (Blake Howell) and the Windows Sr. Manager (Bill Parish), along with any technical resources. Blake Howell will then select the best fitting candidate on the team, from both a technical and cultural fit. Blake will provide feedback to staffing agencies for any candidates interviewed.
Role: System Administrator
· 3 years minimum, 5 years desired experience
· VMware Horizon administration
· SCCM administration
· InTune/Autopilot Experience
· End User Computing support in large corporate windows environment (AD, GPO’s)
· Administrating the VMware Horizon environment
· Assisting with upgrade from vCenter 6.5 to vCenter 7
· Upgrading enterprise from Windows 10 1909 to Windows 10 20H2
· Monthly workstation patching through SCCM/ConfigManager across the enterprise
· Out-of-Cycle patching for security remediation
· Review and management of Active Directory and associated global policies
· Consult on resourcing plan to identify gaps and weaknesses in current EDM team setup