DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform advanced system administration functions for 2000+ Windows server systems
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues with DISH systems/services (Active Directory, PKI, DNS, DHCP, Print, etc.), perform root cause analysis, and approve and implement mitigation steps to prevent future occurrences.
- Appropriately analyze systems functionality for opportunities for improvement and take appropriate actions to implement in light of business goals and technology advancements.
- Draft, review, and approve system policies, department standards, system build documents, knowledge base entries, and other mass communication to ensure consistency of support across IT operations teams.
- Stay abreast of current trends and emerging technology and appropriately advocate and facilitate the evaluation of new products or compelling technical advancements.
- Maintain servers, update documentation, submit change requests, and execute system audits to ensure compliance with documented standards.
- Monitor system performance and capacity and escalate risks and remediation plans to Senior staff and/or management.
- Implement the technical integration of new products into the DISH infrastructure.
- Help drive technical deliverables and responsibilities when third-party technology vendors are contractually engaged.
Skills and Experience:
- Advanced enterprise-level knowledge of Microsoft Servers (Azure, Active Directory, Network Services, MS IIS, DFS, Group Policies, and Trust Relationships) systems from hardware, software, networking, and security perspective in an enterprise setting.
- Advanced experience supporting Microsoft/Windows systems in a large enterprise multi-forest environment.
- Advanced experience with the design and implementation of enterprise systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment that challenges the status quo and expects results.
- Advanced experience automating system maintenance tasks for consistency and efficiency.
- Ability to create highly technical documentation, reports, presentations, and system policies that are easy to understand and maintain.
- Ability to correlate diverse sources of information to make sound technical judgments and recommendations.
- Ability to lead technical teams and build cross-functional relationships.
- Can communicate technical issues clearly and can tailor communications for all levels of a technical and non-technical audience.
- 8+ years of experience with Windows system administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Windows Server technologies, VMware and AWS Virtualization.
- Support hybrid on-prem/cloud Windows environments.
- Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with enterprise AD, DNS, PKI, and DHCP systems.
- Product knowledge – AWS, VMware, Chef, BeyondTrust, Zabbix, and Ivanti.