Title: Support Engineer (Tier 2)
Type: Salaried, Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Desired Start Date:
- Supporting Evolution Digital’s ever-growing customers with Set top Box (ATV) and Broadband (Router, Modem, Wi-Fi) product base.
- Support Evolution Digital’s customers via phone, email, remote assistance or onsite.
- Focused attention to our customer business needs, this includes support of the whole end-to-end system, from headend to customer premise equipment.
- Communicate escalation of customer requests to Engineering and/or Deployment teams when a customer’s issue requires greater than Support tier 2 level feedback.
- Participate or own in the creation of customer facing documentation including but not limited to user guides, FAQs, manuals, release notes, tech bulletins and product requirements.
- Demonstrate product knowledge when supporting customers who are installing or repairing on-site
- Provide technical sales and demo support as needed.
- Preferably a degree or certification(s) related to Information Technology, Business, or engineering.
Experience and Skills:
- Required minimum 3 years’ experience in the cable, telecom, or IT industries serving as a system, support, or product engineer
- Preferred minimum 3 years’ experience supporting broadband CPE based products in an engineering or customer support capacity.
- Knowledge of or measurable hands-on experience with managed network devices (router, gateway) and CMTS (Cable Modem Termination System) managed architectures.
- Understanding of IPTV set top boxes/devices (Preferred: Android TV / Useful: Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, etc) and their integration within a streaming Wi-Fi environment.
- Working knowledge of IP protocols including TCP/IP, RTSP, UDP, Multicast traffic, Unicast traffic, etc.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office tools or equivalent. Including the use of online based communication and document tracking (One-Drive, Teams, Dropbox, ftp, etc).
- Professional level (very strong) interpersonal and written communication skills especially in association with customer facing communication (phone / zoom calls and comments within ticketing system)
- Works well within a team environment
- This position is in office and based out of Evolution’s Centennial, CO headquarters.
- Up to 15% may be required at times