Position Title: Data Processing Programmer Analyst
Revision / Date: September 28, 2022
Department: Data Processing, Robbinsville
Reports to: Data Processing Manager
Responsible for the timely and consistent processing of customer data files for direct mail production. Specific responsibilities include the analysis of incoming customer data files, organization of input and output files and the processing of complete file selects, updates, conversions and merge/purges in a manner that the personalized data files are composed in the appropriate order, format and sequence for subsequent digital print production and USPS acceptance.
- Responsible for development, maintenance, and execution of code modules / software tools to support sophisticated, high-volume direct mail projects.
- Ensure accuracy of all processed data and system related reports. Interfaces with Imaging, Pre-Press, Production and Client Services to insure client expectations are met.
- Utilize Data Processing systems and software to create output production files and other files/reports and to perform typical Data Processing functions including:
- Data Hygiene
- Right fielding
- Match / Consolidate
- Suppression processing
- Select processing
- Sign off file creation
- Any other processes dictated by client or departmental needs
- Postal Processing
- CASS processing
- Postal presort processing
- NCOA processing
- Planet Coding / IMB appends
- Production and QC of associated reports
- Any other postal processes dictated by client or departmental needs
- Data Audit Reporting
- Producing input / output data dumps
- Return of NCOA rejected records
- Any other reports dictated by client or departmental needs
- Audit and QC
- Self QC and Audit of all tasks performed
- Cross departmental audit of DP functions as directed by Management
- Data Hygiene
- Data Processors must also be versed in Data Control functions for redundancy purposes. These include:
- Log and store client source data into data file inventory system
- Provide the Customer Service Manager technical support for all Client file transmissions and receipts.
- Provide initial state counts from input files
- Ensure accuracy between client data, personalization instructions, and final output.
- Review job specifications to identify time constraints and report potential trouble spots to DP Management.
- Execute and prioritize all projects assigned in order to meet deadlines.
- Communicate status of jobs at key time intervals to DP Management.
- Support Client Services by reviewing DP instructions and sharing technical knowledge.
- Promote quality work and maintain a professional work environment.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes (including task automation), make recommendations and be prepared to answer the “why” questions that may surface due to lack of understanding.
- Exercise independent judgment in the course of carrying out job functions.
- Must be available to work overtime during the week and on weekends during heavy workload periods that require increased work hours.
- Support the direction and philosophy of the company
- Adherence to all Budco policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and directed by Management
Experience with one or more of the following platforms is desirable:
- Microsoft .Net (web forms/mvc/console applications/web services/apis). Preferably c#
- Sql Server (programming objects/procedures/db design and setup etc). Also query optimization and tracing
- Bulk Mailers/Postal applications
- XML experience – reading and writing.
- Print Net T/Quadient Inspire
- Technical troubleshooting at server level and printers etc
- Unix/ unix scripting experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Data Processing processes, systems and software.
- Basic logic programming skills, including familiarity with data types, syntax scripting and control structures.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of Data Processing workflow
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to comprehend DP system changes and integrate them with Budco procedures
- Ability to work independently and as an integral team member
- Ability to maintain order in an environment of ever-changing priorities
- Microsoft applications
- Familiarity with FTP, PGP encryption and Zip File formats
- Ability to debug others code/ reverse engineer code
- Ability to manage own time schedule/strong time management
- Ability to work in production environment
- Ability to document processes and procedures
- Strong communication skills