Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, AEM
In the beginning, there was one Ogilvy, the company founded by David Ogilvy in 1948. Today, there is again one Ogilvy—in 83 countries and 132 offices. We are one doorway to a vast creative network whose mission is to make brands matter in a complex, noisy, hyper-connected world. Digital stands front and center in this mission—come join the award-winning team that makes these ideas come to life.
The Technology team at Ogilvy NY is seeking a strong Senior QA Analyst, with 7+ years or extensive experience in a QA role using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). You will be responsible for generating, maintaining, and executing quality test cases and test scripts focused on the performance and quality of various digital applications on AEM 6.5 for one of our largest client accounts, a Fortune 50 company.
The Senior QA Analyst will utilize and help to improve our QA processes to ensure that all our work is thoroughly tested and reflects QA best practices. You will contribute to our overall development plans as well as coordinate and perform required activities to ensure that test milestones are defined and delivered on schedule. This includes the overall QA strategy, test plans, and test procedures necessary to validate the applications.
- Work with cross-functional team to verify all client and business requirements and participate in planning and feedback for all product releases
- Develop test plans and design test cases/automation scripts for Adobe Experience Manager and components
- Work with hybrid client and agency development teams to execute test cases per test plan
- Maintain test automation frameworks and test case repositories
- Ensure comprehensive quality by performing functional, design, copy, accessibility, cross-browser, cross-platform, and regression testing
- Troubleshoot reported bugs and clearly communicate issue and severity to appropriate development personnel
- Validate the full list of business rules and/or functional specifications against the application being tested
- Document defects/issues in JIRA, including relevant brief descriptions of the issue with detailed steps to replicate
- Provide estimates for small and large projects including the level of testing effort and hours required
- Interpret and convert feedback from non-technical staff and account groups into actionable items for the development team
- Attend project stand-ups and team check-ins to provide status updates on projects
- Advocate and implement sound website and application testing processes and best practices for the team and the product being tested
- Maintain professional working relationships across teams in a wide variety of functional areas
- Stay abreast of new browsers and technologies, and maintain an overall recommended browsers list based on research
- Proficiency in quality assurance for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.5, including testing AEM components, applications, and integrations within the AEM product suite (e.g., Assets, Launch, Target, Campaign)
- Superior attention to detail, thoroughness, organizational skills, investigative drive to discover the underlying causes of technical problems and analytical skills to identify and solve issues
- Leadership skills to work in a multivendor environment, and ability to adapt to changes in product development
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to meet testing needs
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, high-stress, and high-productivity environment
- Able to manage conflicting priorities effectively, including task prioritization and multitasking to manage daily workload
- Knowledgeable about trends for new browser versions, mobile devices, and/or other digital applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to interact with technical, business, client, and editorial groups
- Able to estimate, plan and execute testing cycles
- BA/BS degree with minimum of 7 years QA experience and 3 years working with content management systems.