Quality Assurance Automation Engineer, Payments
Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service.
Procare Solutions is the #1 name in childcare software – used by more than 35,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices.
We make childcare management run smoothly, so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kiddos, not back office administrative duties.
A little about the role
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will test and support enterprise software solutions for API partners and web clients. You will support test suite design and implementation including the buildout of smoke, sanity, and regression test suites that are healthy, fast, and maintainable. You will contribute to all levels of testing including manual and automated end-to-end/functional/acceptance/load testing. You will be a critical safeguard for maintaining the quality of our releases and increasing the speed at which we can deliver value to our customers.
You’ll be a key member of our growing engineering team while we expand on existing features and deliver new functionality. Our fast-paced, agile environment uses modern technologies where you will build out and maintain the automated test suite used to enable the delivery of a reliable and scalable solutions to customers. We value self-starters with the ability to communicate ideas effectively and contribute to our culture of respect, dedication, and fun.
What you’ll do
- Create test plans based on technical specifications, user needs, and business requirements.
- Develop and maintain a suite of extensible, automated test scripts.
- Record and document actual vs. expected results, prioritize defects based on frequency and severity, and track the lifecycle of the defect.
- Participate in the release of software and integration solutions, including validation and stakeholder acceptance.
- Execute automated performance, load, and usability tests of software and integrations with communication of results back to the team.
- Work with the software team to ensure appropriate automated test coverage for optimal product reliability and release throughput.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Customer Service, Product Management, and Engineering.
- Present new ideas and respectfully debate those ideas with the team.
Our ideal candidate will have
- 2+ years of QA testing experience.
- 1+ years of test automation experience; C# preferred.
- Experience with Automated API Testing.
- Understanding of Databases.
- Knowledge on creating test data (i.e. golden test data).
- Experience with Git source control.
- Understanding of Jira and Xray.
- Experience with Load and Stress testing.
- Experience with Website testing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill.
- Understanding of Agile processes in a structured setting; Kanban preferred.
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages including: medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/month
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Company paid Short and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance
- RTD EcoPass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year and continued Professional Development
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 live support
- Casual workplace environment
- Some meals provided
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within- excellent career pathing
This position is based in our Denver, CO office. We are currently in a flexible hybrid in-office/remote working model based on local COVID-19 health regulations and business needs. Candidates must be willing and able to work from our Denver office a few days a week.