Sr. Test Architect
$130,000-$170,000 + VIP Bonus
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
The Sr. Test Architect is a senior testing professional whose primary function is to design technical solutions to testing problems for various business and technology application platforms. You will be responsible for understanding architectural and functional design of the application platforms and implementing automation and performance test strategies, testing standards, and working across departments to ensure applications are tested in a manner to meet Vertafore’s quality objectives.
As the automation architect, you will apply your strong experience in refining and implementing our enterprise test automation strategy. In this position you will help drive our test automation transformation, manage complex initiatives, and implement frameworks to ensure functional, API, integration and performance automation tests are executed within the CI/CD pipelines.
As the performance test expert, you will apply your expertise to influence a team of performance test engineers in the design, execution, and analysis of performance and scalability testing across Vertafore’s enterprise platform. You will be exposed to many different technologies, architectures, and systems hosted across our hybrid cloud environments and will review existing tools and identify and recommend new technologies to address scalability challenges within the Vertafore platform.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Provide technical leadership and strategic direction to the testing organization.
· Help develop an overall Quality Assurance Strategy outlining specific tools, strategic approaches and expectations for web applications and legacy software.
· Be responsible for the creation and development of the Test Architecture.
· Be technically responsible for all Testing performed by the quality organization.
· Ensure software deliverables meet quality goals for functionality, performance, security, usability, etc.
· Help to drive continuous improvement across our software development processes and practices.
· Maintain a holistic view of the portfolio’s dependencies, organizational goals, technologies, etc. and helps to direct the quality organization.
· Be responsible for design & development of the test automation framework / harness and any in-house tools required.
· Evaluate and implement new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability
· Work as a member of the Architectural Review Board translating business requirements into solution architecture designs. Ensures designs incorporate testability requirements.
· Participate in test planning for all products and own the test artifacts.
· Ability to lead / mentor a team of performance engineers, enabling them with best-in class industry leading performance tools and processes.
· Design an enterprise performance test strategy and assist teams with execution of load, stress, endurance, and response time performance testing.
· Oversee the performance testing, analysis, and optimization of large-scale enterprise solutions.
· Review, develop, and execute performance scripts using JMeter and Locust tools.
· Support and troubleshoot for scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring of the enterprise solutions across multiple cloud environments.
· Take charge of test infrastructure within AWS, including environments and software, and collaborate with teams on CI/CD and IT budgets.
· Assist Quality Director in defining strategic goals and KPIs for the Quality Organization.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar field or related work experience.
· 8+ years of experience in test architecture development and implementation using open-source test and automation frameworks.
· 10+ years of performance testing experience, implementation of performance tests, as well as the associated tools, frameworks, and infrastructures.
· Extensive Performance Testing experience with tools such as: JMeter and Locust for various kinds of applications.
· Should have good performance engineering skills and deep understanding of any of the following technologies Java, .Net, SQL, Oracle, PostGres.
· At least 3 years of experience working in Cloud (AWS), Agile, CI/CD, DevOps environments.
· Proven experience with building and executing integration and performance tests of distributed environments across hybrid cloud environments.
· Experience using Selenium, BDD, or similar tools.
· Proficient in writing scripts.
· Solid understanding of issues of scale and performance in large-scale cloud environments and ability to identify, debug and propose viable solutions.
· Strong experience in performance profiling, tuning and testing.
· Experience in writing queries against databases and data warehouses in Oracle or SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, and Mongo DB.
· Experience with quality tools like Rally, Git, and QTest.
· Good communication and presentation skills.
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remote with a stable internet connection on an as needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.