*Relocation assistance is not provided and this is not a fully remote position. FirstBank does not sponsor work visas.
Founded in 1963, FirstBank maintains more than $20 billion in assets and operates over 110 branch locations across Colorado, Arizona and California. Its growth can be attributed to one simple philosophy: do right by customers, communities and employees, which is at the center of the company’s “banking for good” mantra. FirstBank believes that a company is nothing without the people that comprise it, and prides itself in hiring and training a diverse and talented group. By joining the FirstBank team you will experience its great team culture with ample opportunity for growth. There’s an opportunity for everyone with positions all across the company, from Teller and Call Center to Technology and Lending. Apply today to learn more and join the team!
A Brief Overview
Plan and manage the delivery of Information Technology solutions coupled with business objectives to meet FirstBank needs. This includes the creation and management of schedule, scope, resources, risk, and communication plans as they relate to project efforts, identify needed resources, assign individual responsibilities and tasks, and notify appropriate management if resource constraints will impact the timeline. The Analyst will focus on more complex work delivered by one or multiple agile teams, managing multiple efforts of various size, complexity, and type of work concurrently.
What you will do
- Create and execute project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify needed resources, assign individual responsibilities and tasks, and notify appropriate management if resource constraints will impact the timeline.
- Manage scope and day-to-day operational aspects and report scope changes appropriately.
- Utilize various project management methods and tools in order to ensure milestones and value delivery are on time.
- Lead the team in discussion and documentation of lessons learned in the form of the retrospective.
- Identify and analyze risks, create mitigation plans, and manage risks and issues as they occur.
- Work as a liaison between vendors, sponsors, and teams to facilitate effective project management.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues surrounding workflow in a timely manner.
- Maintain knowledge of industry standard PM practices, especially as it relates to agile.
- Perform basic business analysis when necessary when a separate business analyst is not involved.
- Assist other Project Managers with issue resolution and best practices.
- Pursue formal and informal educational opportunities to expand knowledge and improve skills.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- A combination of post-high school education, job related certification and related experience equivalent to 5 years may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, master’s degree in a related field is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or other similar certification
- Experience with JIRA or similar tool
- Experience with various project methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall
- At least 2 years of Agile or IT Project Management experience with demonstrated success moving projects from concept through implementation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, sponsors, marketing, managers, and technical staff
- Experience in planning meetings that include the right people and agendas that makes appropriate use of the scheduled time
- Experience with identifying and managing risks and developing mitigation and contingency plans when appropriate
- Ability to develop a working estimate based on inputs from all delivery team members
- Proficient in the use of appropriate scheduling techniques (e.g. road mapping) used to determine and manage value delivery
- Ability to identify stakeholders and establish and execute a communication plan for those stakeholders
- Ability to track Delivery team performance
- Proficient with analyzing delivery-related data in order to create metrics that will enable improved decision-making for the team and the organization
- Ability to work independently and drive multiple efforts to completion simultaneously
- Proven use of appropriate time management techniques (such as time boxing, to-do managers, etc…)
- Ability to work effectively with a team to overcome challenges and conflicts
- Demonstration of and belief in the agile mindset
- Effective interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among stakeholders
- Possesses a solid understanding of operational processes and procedures (i.e. Online Banking, Call Center, Fraud, etc.),
- Skilled standard computer applications used in project management, such as Microsoft Office tools and Jira, along with the ability to learn new applications with minimal training
- Ability to mentor and coach other Project Managers as needed
- Basic familiarity with Business Analysis methods and concepts
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
- Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
- Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
- Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
- Must be able to exchange accurate information
Statement of Benefits
FirstBank offers a suite of benefits that support our employees’ professional, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Benefits currently offered with our positions include: Paid Time Off/paid leave programs, 401K/Employee Stock Ownership, United Healthcare medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision, Employee tuition reimbursement, Volunteer Time Off, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance/AD&D.
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. FirstBank does not permit pay inequities. Anyone who believes they have been subject to pay inequity should immediately report their concerns to the Human Resource Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)