Update: 8/13: Report to VP – Terry Pattison- He is very demanding so this person needs to have thick skin and handle high pressure environment.
8+ years exp. Sr. Project Manager title is fine
Need to be SME in meeting deadlines, Tracking, Reporting in real time.
Be able to handle someone showing up at their desk and having to swithc gears.
Will assist in managing all projects across entire Software platform. Jira and Agile environment.
Dish Tech – So working with hardware teams – STB's device level stuff.
Profile of guy they wanted to hire for this role is below:
Henry Alcala – https://www.linkedin.com/in/henry-alcala-56a2221/
Job Title: Staff Program Manager
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers!
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
As part of Dish Technologies Software Engineering, the Staff Program Manager is responsible for collaboration and coordination of Software Engineering Projects as a proactive partner with Product Management, Software Engineering Management, Hardware Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Responsible for DISH TV Weekly Performance Report, DT Software Engineering Weekly Quadrant Report and Centers of Excellence (CoE) status updates. These currently include Android TV CoE, Audio/Video Streaming CoE and Mobile CoE
- Collaborate with BTC and Ukraine Engineering teams to schedule and track deliverables, project risks, and statuses
- Proactively partner with a diverse, cross functional team to resolve process problems; e.g. Ad Sales, Product Management, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering and Manufacturing
- Proficient in data-communication concepts to converse with technology experts, and relate to their challenge
- Work cross-functionally as a leader to effectively guide projects from concept to deployment and facilitate large cross-functional meetings
- Ability to operate in uncertainty and adapt quickly is paramount as the environment is fast-paced and evolving.
- Support work intake process, may drive projects and development initiatives by working with a cross functional team of impacted partners
- Exercises superb follow-up and follow through skills in all facets of program management to drive problems to resolution quickly
- Effectively interface with technical personnel and learn the technical flow of complex systems
- Work independently to achieve high performance and produce the desired results
- Responsible for complete understanding of the customer profile including key managers and personnel
- Document all aspects of projects including requirements, risk, issues, schedule, and meeting agendas/notes
- Experience in software project management
- Familiarity with Jira or Agile documentation control software
- Experience writing technical documentation such as functional specifications
- Ability to understand technical aspects of software development
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Fundamental understanding of software design and development
Understanding of software test/engineering processes