Notes: 11/17 Call with Jeff- HM
Pure Legacy. Jump into code. need to be great with that. Help them grow. Will be mentorship. But need to be able to jump in the code and go after it. 5 current engineers and 2 QA. Very collaborative. Not "on an Island". Remote – Doesnt care about Denver location. Only concern is that they don't feel left out. Day Care Works is the platform.
"Most fun team to work with"
No High maintenance ppl. Team over individual. Jeff will promote their successes.
Really Sharp in Java. They can teach the rest. Need to be intelligent. Can teach Spring for example. Can teach to move to cloud. Jeff will empower his teams to grow and have a path.
Java Strength – Legacy Core Java.
Fundamentals of SQL or MySQL
Sr. Java Developer – Full Time.
Any Mobile would be helpful. Will help grow.
Loves to code and not afraid of a challenge.
The Senior Software Engineer will create and support enterprise-wide software solutions for both web and mobile.
- Living the Values:
- Elevate One Another
- Grow Together
- Be a Driver
- Respect All Perspectives.
- Keep Our Promises
- Wear the Customer Hat
- Essential Job Functions:
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Perform in depth analysis of task specifications, as well as assist in task grooming sessions which identify new specifications
- Review, suggest, and implement improvements for all application areas
- Refactor legacy applications to current generation standards using pragmatic approach
- Communicate directly with internal business customers and partners, gather requirements, and provide project status updates
- Test programs and work closely with quality assurance teams
- Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Java-based web development technologies and frameworks (JSP, AJAX, jQuery, Spring Framework, Struts2, application servers)
- 5+ years of experience working with relational databases and related technologies/frameworks (JDBC, ORM tools such as Hibernate, JPA, etc.)
- Strong experience in Ant and Maven, not just in use, but also in creating build scripts
- Java 8 (or above), MySQL, and Tomcat knowledge is preferable
- Knowledge of Android and Objective C mobile development – Preferably having experience coding with both frameworks, and/or the willingness to learn
- Previous AWS experience as a plus
- Strong understanding of web strategy and technologies
- Strong knowledge of GIT source control and branching models in a collaborative coding environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong creative and design skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in multiple locations