WMS (Warehouse Mgmt Systems) Experience – Manhattan Preferred
Leader of People- Roll up their Sleeves, Run Shifts, High Integrity
Local only. No Industry exp.
Distribution Manager II
- Denver, Colorado
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
The Distribution Manager II is responsible for administration, receiving, pack out, inventory accuracy, warehouse management, and shipping activities for the distribution location. Ensures a high level of safety, quality, efficiency, employee satisfaction, overall customer service/satisfaction, adequate staffing levels, training, internal and external growth, and maximization of asset utilization to achieve company goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage distribution staff, including adherence to safety, security, procedural, and other DISH policies and procedures
- Standardize administrative, receiving, packing, and shipping processes to ensure timely access to materials and products
- Initiates organizational change and process improvement for effective and efficient team operations
- Participates in development of annual budgets including meeting deadlines and utilizing company resources effectively
- Manages and develops cross functional relationships and strategies to support organizational goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, training and recruiting needs. Manages the employee performance appraisal process
- Coaches employees and provides developmental opportunities; providing opportunities for growth and purpose
- Provides accurate and clear communication in both written and verbal forms. Delegates effectively and shares knowledge
- Facilitates communication, innovation, and collaboration to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Travels to meet with suppliers, customers, industry leaders and attends company events or meetings as required
This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position and other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required
5-7 years of related experience; 3+ years in management role
- Ability to effectively respond to and interact with all levels of organizational staff
- Competencies include excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Flexible, innovative and the ability to manage staff, responsibilities and priorities in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not a comprehensive list of all duties that may be assigned to this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, read and interpret documents and instructions; frequent identification of letters, numbers, and symbols in a warehouse or office environment. This position may require sitting for long periods of time at a workstation. The employee must have the ability to use a keyboard and equipment typically found in a warehouse or office work setting. Individuals must have the ability to lift 45 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position works in/near moving mechanical parts and may be in a non-temperature controlled work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Manufacturing/warehouse environment and/or standard office environment.