- Jeff is NOT looking for job hoppers. Or developers who have notoriously done contracts. He wants a Minimum of 3 years at a company.
- Jeff is only looking for developers in Denver/greater Detroit area that have worked mostly in these areas. not hopped form place to place. If they were remote positions please make that known on the writeup.
- Candidates do not need 20+ years of experience. This team already has solid senior developers/leads, so all Jeff is looking for is a solid individual contributor.
- Lastly, Jeff’s team is a family. The culture on his team is very tight knit, and they have all great personalities. Please keep that in mind when sending over candidates.
Atlassian software is heavily used as part of our processes, from a developer’s workflow of daily work, documentation repository, and so on. John didn’t have that background or even anything equivalent in terms of that SDLC discipline. There was some struggle in speaking to his experience on his resume around his technical projects, but he did manage to get some things across.
Truthfully, a candidate that’s well-rounded in SDLC exposure and has that really strong Java background where they can speak confidently to their resume/work experience is the kind of person we’d be able to mix well into the team.
Update 12/9: The key to finding a successful person in this role is to fins someone that believes in "Discipline" in their coding. and the Structure of their code. (Not a Copy and Paste type)
He wants someone who believes in "Clean Code Procatice"
They should be able to speak to THEIR role in any projects. "What I Did"
Denver or Detroit location!!
Notes: 11/17 Call with Jeff- HM
Pure Legacy. Jump into code. need to be great with that. Help them grow. Will be mentorship. But need to be able to jump in the code and go after it. 5 current engineers and 2 QA. Very collaborative. Not "on an Island". Remote – Doesnt care about Denver location. Only concern is that they don't feel left out. Day Care Works is the platform.
"Most fun team to work with"
No High maintenance ppl. Team over individual. Jeff will promote their successes.
Really Sharp in Java. They can teach the rest. Need to be intelligent. Can teach Spring for example. Can teach to move to cloud. Jeff will empower his teams to grow and have a path.
Java Strength – Legacy Core Java.
Fundamentals of SQL or MySQL
Sr. Java Developer – Full Time.
Any Mobile would be helpful. Will help grow.
Loves to code and not afraid of a challenge.
Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service. Procare Solutions is the number 1 name in childcare software – used by more than 30,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices. We make childcare management run smoothly, so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kiddos, not back office administrative duties.
A Little About The Role
As a Senior Software Engineer you will create and support enterprise software solutions for both web and mobile. This role will maintain and develop existing SaaS products with enterprise clients. You understand that in order to best serve our customers, we must be a world-class organization employing best practices for engineering and operations. You will be part of both evolving our current products and platforms and helping optimize our cloud infrastructure for stability.This role will develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software solutions while helping support and develop the software team.
What You'll Do
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
• Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
• Perform in depth analysis of task specifications, as well as assist in task grooming sessions which identify new specifications
• Review, suggest, and implement improvements for all application areas
• Refactor legacy applications to current generation standards using pragmatic approach
• Communicate directly with internal business customers and partners, gather requirements, and provide project status updates
• Test programs and work closely with quality assurance teams Requirements
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or related experience
• 5+ years of experience in Java-based web development technologies and frameworks (JSP, AJAX, jQuery, Spring Framework, Struts2, application servers)
• 5+ years of experience working with relational databases and related technologies/frameworks (JDBC, ORM tools such as Hibernate, JPA, etc.) • Strong experience in Ant and Maven, not just in use, but also in creating build scripts
• Java 8 (or above), MySQL, and Tomcat knowledge is preferable • Knowledge of Android and Objective C mobile development – Preferably having experience coding with both frameworks, and/or the willingness to learn
• Previous AWS experience as a plus
Strong understanding of web strategy and technologies
• Strong knowledge of GIT source control and branching models in a collaborative coding environment • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong creative and design skills
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams in multiple locations Living the Values
• Elevate One Another • Grow Together
• Be a Driver • Respect All Perspectives.
• Keep Our Promises
• Wear the Customer Hat Benefits
Why Procare? • Excellent comprehensive benefits packages for full-time employees, including medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you • HSA option with employer contributions of $50/mo • Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans • Company paid Short and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance • Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days • 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting • RTD ECO-Pass for all Denver employees • Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year • Casual workplace environment • Promote from within • Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment Salary $90,000-120,000/annually DOE Location This position is based in our downtown Denver office. We are currently in a flexible hybrid in-office/remote working model based on local COVID-19 health regulations and business needs. Candidates must be willing and able to work from our downtown Denver office a few days a week