Under the direction of the IT Applications Manager, this position serves as an expert in utilization of applications at CCRM. By obtaining and maintaining a deep understanding of how systems are utilized within the organization, the IT Applications Analyst II will act as a liaison between staff and the IT Department in issue resolution and identification of best practices for systems use. This person will demonstrate exceptional customer communication skills while supporting all users of applications. This position will use creativity and critical thinking in developing solution oriented outcomes. The IT Application Analyst II will incorporate previous experience with healthcare systems and growing knowledge of CCRM workflows to effectively enhance user experience and improve upon existing tools. The IT Applications Analyst II may participate in or lead projects to update, replace, or retire CCRM applications.
CCRM is an industry-leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to a national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting-edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis. CCRM is proud to assist in building all kinds of families.
- Application support and enhancement:
- Provides support to CCRM users of all applications including but not limited to the EMR, Lab Information Systems (LIS), billing systems, e-signature, electronic prescribing, document management, secure messaging, and patient portal applications.
- Acts as a liaison between staff and the IT department; demonstrating comprehensive, timely, and empathetic communication skills when working with staff from all areas of the organization.
- Collaborate with functional areas to identify needs, prioritize requests, create and distribute training materials regarding updates and common problem areas.
- Troubleshoot concerns with users as they arise and engage with support group or vendor representative as required.
- For designated applications, serve as subject matter expert in workflow, functionality, and configuration to drive efficient system utilization.
- Engage in productive vendor relationships to ensure resolution of issues and coordination of tasks and timelines.
- Communicate updates, outages, critical changes to staff based on department standards.
- Participate in revisions, testing and integration of changes to applications in alignment with IT Change Management procedures.
- Develop and maintain standards across multiple locations and Identify and implement opportunities to optimize use of applications, driving value to CCRM, its providers and patients.
- Train new employees on current practices and standards.
- Participate in IT on-call coverage, responding to urgent issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Follow all applicable federal/state regulations with respect to Confidentiality and HIPAA, among others.
- Seeks opportunities for additional responsibilities and growth within organization. Shows initiative and enthusiasm in suggesting and implementing new concepts and/or ideas for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Information Technology, or relevant field or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience required.
- 3 + years’ experience in information management systems, systems analysis, project management, revenue cycle management, or applicable area of healthcare
- Minimum of 2 years healthcare experience preferred; Experience in Reproductive/Fertility Medicine and/or Billing/Revenue Cycle is a plus but not required.
- Prefer prior experience with athenahealth practice management, GE Centricity, medication management, patient portal, or forms editor
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrates professionalism, confidentiality, and diplomacy and can serve a wide range of employees with equity and tact.
- Strong problem solving ability with dedication to quality.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight and management.
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities
- Team working skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer equipment and software, including but not limited to, Windows environment (Word, Excel, Outlook – Intermediate to Advanced skills) required.
- Passion for supporting applications in a healthcare environment
This is a full-time position based in Lone Tree, Colorado, remote or hybrid work arrangements may be available and/or required due to Covid or other events; local and national travel may be required. Working evenings and weekends may be required to perform the tasks outlined in the job description.
This job operates in a professional office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets. Working evenings and weekends may be required occasionally to perform the tasks outlined in the job description.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive pay and bonus opportunity
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with Company match
- Paid time off and paid holiday time
- Professional development opportunities
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.