JOB PROFILE SUMMARY:
The Director, Solution Line Management will have primary responsibility to manage SCP’s new product line development and initiatives from concept to launch. The primary focus of this role will be on development of programs and service offerings which are outside of SCP’s core, traditional specialties, including value-based care offerings, and virtual/digital health services and technology. As a Solution Line Leader, the Director will foster an environment of innovation and creative solutions with a strong focus on how SCP Health will be differentiated in the marketplace and versus competitors. The Director will manage diverse product/service line development across internal business segments, ensuring alignment of product/solution development to differentiated competitive positioning, and launch cycles ranging from software to new clinical service lines or product upgrades/optimizations that are complementary to our existing core services. The overall goals for this role include positioning SCP Health competitively in new markets, leading the internal development of the product/solution across internal business units, and building out the solution business case, design, and working closely with Business Development to build a successful go to market approach – further diversifying and growing prospective revenue opportunities, and repositioning the company to invest and innovate both within and beyond our traditional service offerings.
Because of the nature of these innovative, early-stage service lines, agility, and courage to promote and support the development of new services within and external to SCP is critical, with a strong focus on understanding the external marketplace and connecting it to the SCP solutions already in existence. These values must also be balanced with respect for the work of our colleagues across the entire company to help collaborate in the balancing of overall company growth priorities and understanding how these service lines fit into and/or stretch our organization as we diversify.
- Leads Business case development – external market insights and competitive differentiation critical to define path to success.
- Leads innovation initiatives from initial conception to launch.
- Oversees strategy and implementation of new products or product changes/enhancements.
- Monitors the competitive environment and leads and manages product roadmaps.
- Identifying clients' needs and requirements and proposing suitable solutions.
- Providing clients with comprehensive product/service consultations and guiding their decision-making process.
- Monitors product and service line performance vs. the original goals and targets outlined in approved business plans.
- Ensures products meet competitive, and compliance needs and requirements.
- Establishes product development life cycle process and policies to effectively guide delivery on product development goals and targets.
- Perform ongoing industry and competitor research, while evaluating current markets, trends, threats, and opportunities for new market entry points.
- Ensures internal and external barriers to market entry, new program growth and operational excellence are identified and mitigated.
- Supports Sales and Account Teams by prepping/presenting for finalist meetings and managing Go To Market for these products (in partnership with Marketing and Sales teams).
- Works with IT and vendors to develop systems that support product delivery operations.
- Updates executive segment leaders on product performance.
- Collaborates with internal departments such as Sales, Marketing, IT, Compliance, Revenue Cycle, Clinical, Quality, and Finance to design business plans and implement new products and services and to ensure activities are coordinated and optimized.
- Establishes credibility and builds trust with internal and external stakeholders to shape and accelerate decision making, specifically with respect to solutions that address specific client needs and deliver a compelling ROI.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work and influence stakeholders to determine business strategies, as well as develop and execute ideas while maintaining collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to lead through a matrixed organization. Experienced in leading across business segments with strong change management skills.
EDUCATION (Required and/or Preferred):
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously and successfully
- Experience in assessing the components needed for successful growth and scaling of a product or service solution, including financial projecting / pro-formas, operations, resource allocation and alignment to organizational strategy.
- Experience with product development within/related to a health plan/payor organization is preferred.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Professional setting
- Continuous sitting- video calls/ team calls
- Continuous oral & written communication and listening skills
- Continuous computer use
- Occasional bending, kneeling, lifting, pulling & pushing up to 10 pounds
- Job requires a high level of mental awareness
- Atlanta is primary Regional Office, and position can be remote based, but moderate presence in Atlanta is expected.