Enterprise Software Architect
The Enterprise Application Architect is responsible for effective design, architecture and integration of applications, application services, application integration, and general non-infrastructure services utilized in the delivery of business solutions.
The ideal candidate must excel at collaboration with multi-disciplinary technology teams and architects on a wide range of problems, including, but not limited to, understanding the operational business processes, understanding enterprise applications, developing integrations, developing application architecture standards/patterns, and designing solutions for application monitoring and methods to optimize end-to-end performance.
This role involves collaboration with architects and project teams to design and implement solution architectures for applications with integrations across a wide estate of applications both on premise and multi-cloud.
- Leads team of related disciplines in pursuit of strong Architecture and Design
- Designing and overseeing the development of integration-centric architectures and solutions
- Designing solutions that transition from existing traditional integration platforms to a micro-services based architecture
- Define new solutions using microservice-oriented architecture patterns, automating business process models and cloud-based services
- Building process-centric solutions by architecting business process focused IT infrastructures
- Creating architectural roadmaps to and migrate applications into cloud-based services
- Design Technical/Integration Architectures, including development, runtime and operations architectures
- Lead and define architecture governance for project and change governance processes
- Design authority for any integration architectures and solutioning
- Define and delivering integrated solutions by applying proven delivery methodologies including Agile and Model-Driven techniques
- Design message and event-driven architectures
- Collaborate with Data Architects and Datawarehouse Administrator to maintain data integrity across system and application boundaries
- Select systems and capabilities to meet business requirements, evaluate new techniques for improved functionality and continuously review existing estate for improvements as new technologies emerge
- Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project/program level
- Development of and design oversight to ensure adherence to:
- Integration standards
- Data related standards
- Process related standards
- Messaging related standards
- Leads and coordinates the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction for new projects, new platforms and applications
- Ensures compatibility with existing solutions, infrastructure, services, and strategic requirements
- Participates in platform strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and leading POCs
- Contributes to the broader Enterprise Architect solutioning and the BPX Technology strategy and ensures alignment with architectural strategy and business goals
- Identifies opportunities for reuse of applications, services, data, and integration solutions
- Contributes to the development of software and data delivery platforms with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different business
- Ensures the conceptual completeness of the solutions implemented by IT as a whole
- Oversees ongoing quality activities across the enterprise application estate and champions related improvement initiatives
- Consults on application or infrastructure/development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to the technical architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical/solution architecture to accommodate project needs
- Leads the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- Reviews existing business processes/applications and establishes metrics to improve
- Demonstrates leadership by assisting both technological and business communities with solution designs that meet business requirements.
- Coordinate with business customers, analysts and prepare design for systems.
- Manage all enterprise application architectural issues and recommend alternatives as needed.
- Minimum requirement of four-year college degree in computer science, software engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
Essential experience and job requirements
- 10+ years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture, design, and deployment; systems lifecycle management; and application development planning and management; 5+ years in an application architect role preferred
- Mastery of advanced integration technologies – SOA, Microservices, ESB/messaging, API gateways, event-driven architectures, as well
- Knowledge and experience with to Azure and/or AWS application services and middleware, including serverless compute.
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture best practices, standards and services
- Demonstrated ability to constantly learn outside of a classroom environment, and successfully apply learnings
- Demonstrated self-motivator that can estimate tasks and workload to achieve deliverables and goals, delivering on time and on estimation
- Consulting, negotiation and relationship skills to work with multiple external teams and accomplish shared goals through the building consensus
- Vendor management experience is required.
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and collaboration skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, deliver high quality performance on multiple, simultaneous strategic, value-added tasks and priorities
Travel required: Yes – up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time – Denver