Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service. Procare Solutions is the number 1 name in childcare software – used by more than 30,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices. We make childcare management run smoothly, so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kiddos, not back office administrative duties.
A Little About the Role
Do you have a passion for operational excellence and building innovative customer solutions? At Procare Solutions we are hiring a SRE Engineer with expertise in IT architecture, software development, and operations. The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based infrastructure, with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, including ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient. We are looking for a SRE Engineer that can build, improve, and support complex systems and services that deliver exceptional results to both internal and external Procare customers. You will be an owner of systems reliability at Procare.
Who You Are…
- Competent in design/implementation/support for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Design and build complex infrastructure and associated SRE processes.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
- Working knowledge of reliability for containers and serverless technologies.
- Experience with monitoring tools and creation of SLO metric reporting.
- Good understanding of web browser APIs and behavior.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), SDLC automation, CloudFormation, Load Balancing / DNS, and HA/DR.
- Working knowledge of and experience with Agile and ITIL and working with or in support of Agile development teams.
- Ability to multi-task in a very dynamic environment with changing priorities and driving accountability for deadlines across departments and organizational structures
What You Will Do
- Work in a DevOps team on important project initiatives and technology objectives.
- Develop standards and procedures for SRE initiatives and practices
- Continuously improve system reliability, scalability and velocity
- Participate in incident response and improving the associated processes and tooling
- Refine and create new service level objectives and meaningful metrics
- Support the implementation, testing, and documentation of disaster recovery/business continuity and security initiatives
- Take part in a 24×7 on-call rotation
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of System Administration experience in a cloud computing environment.
- 5+ years of AWS technology experience, including experience with the five pillars of a well-architected frameworks.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, Solutions Architect, or DevOps Engineer highly desired.
- Experience with Linux, Hyper-V, High Availability/DR Environments, and Microsoft Windows Server.
- AWS cloud platform technologies such as API Gateway, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, SES, S3, EKS, Cognito, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Prior experience working in and transforming DevOps and SRE teams.
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages including: medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/month
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Company paid Short and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance
- RTD EcoPass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year and continued Professional Development
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 live support
- Casual workplace environment
- Some meals provided
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within- excellent career paths
$100,000 – $130,000/year DOE
This position is based out of our downtown Denver office. We are currently in a flexible hybrid in-office/remote working model. Candidates can choose to work from the downtown office as much as they would like. Currently the team meets up on Thursday to collaborate on projects and talk face to face.
The DevOps Engineer II is a sharp, disciplined, self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project. They help manage site reliability and security. The Engineer adopts and takes ownership as new technologies, services and systems are developed. They focus on monitoring, backup, availability, performance, and support of developed applications and services. The Engineer completes tasks that are a hybrid of standard activities related to hosting applications and infrastructure, as well as internal team projects targeted at eliminating technical debt and Engineering improvements. They are available for afterhours work as required to support availability, releases and maintenance.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Support the availability of all developed and managed services
- Support Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) of Pax8 services including disaster recovery and continuity
- Manage and maintain the security and access controls for supported services
- Establish operational monitoring and performance metrics for managed and AWS resources
- Mentor junior level DevOps team members and Development Engineers
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least four (4) to seven (7) years of experience supporting application development, preferably microservices and a Java based web platform
- Experience implementing new projects using AWS services such as such as EKS, MSK, ElastiCache, Elasticsearch and RDS
- Proficiency with Kubernetes, HELM and Docker
- Proficiency writing IaC and Configuration management using Terraform, Ansible and Git
- Proficiency in CI/CD pipelines pipelines using GitHub Actions and Jenkins
- Experience with networking principles and technologies such as AWS networking tools such as ALB’s, Security groups, VPC networking and basic containerized networking principles
- Proficiency with Prometheus and Grafana
- Database and replications skills including PSQL and NoSQL preferred
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile environment using tools such as Jira, Wrike, LeanKit, Rally or similar
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire for automation
- Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others across multiple teams to meet shared objectives
- Ability to step up to address difficult situations, saying what needs to be said
- Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Ability to adapt and adopt innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
Required Education & Certifications:
- A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary or conversion salary beginning at $110,000 or more. Starting salary is based on various factors and is commensurate with qualifications, experience, competencies, internal equity, and cost of labor. Base salary is just one component of the Total Rewards package we provide our employees.
Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: REMOTE (US)
Duration: FTE – Direct Hire
Compensation: $150-200k Depending on Experience
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the CTO, this DevOps Engineer will help drive Cloud Architecture in AWS. They will have experience building cloud native solutions in AWS. Focused on the development side of this equation. They The ideal candidate will have a background in direct to consumer, subscription based, SAAS products.
- 4+ years in DevOps role focused on development and architecture in AWS
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Lambda and Kafka
- Ability to build and lead process
- Great communication and organization skills
- Ability to work with internal teams, off shore resources, and vendors
About the Company: You will have the opportunity to work with one of the premier companies on the Internet for uploading, sharing, linking and finding photos, videos and graphics. They allow you to setup a free account so you can store thousands of photos and hours of video. All while protecting your privacy as they do not sell your photos or personal information to anyone. Established in 2003, They have a collaborative culture and take their teams to conferences and on trips to places like Las Vegas and New York City. They offer FREE healthcare benefits to their employees, 401k, and bonus.
This position is 100% Remote
UPDATE: Goal is to convert in 6mo – 1 year. Please source only local CO cands or those that are willing to relocate once converted.
Maxar – DevOps Engineer (Via Trace 3)
Maxar is a leader in Satellite technology and is seeking a DevOps Engineer to work on on their ongoing Cloud implementation projects.
- AWS Environment
- Terraform (open source)
- Elastic Search
- Java Micro-Services
- Ruby and Bash
- Aurora and RDS PostgreSQL
- Rally and Jira (once transition completed)
- Complete tasks (technical design and implementation) which may include, but will not be limited to:
- Maintain and enhance current AWS infrastructure
- Perform upgrades for tools like Kubernetes and Rancher
- Maintain and enhance Terraform as needed
- Maintain and enhance Elastic Search as needed
- Maintain and enhance Cloud Foundry as needed
- Maintain and enhance Java micro-services as needed
- Maintain and enhance Ruby services as needed
- Maintain and enhance RDS Aurora services as needed
- Maintain and enhance Postgres services as needed
- Review back-log requests, troubleshoot, and define/implement solutions to resolve
- Complete/update required documentation per Client’s standards and practices