Catalog Configuration Analyst
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We’re doing it by building the country’s first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it’s a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic, and transformative needs of the changing world.
As a Catalog Configurator at DISH, you must be able to understand modeling principles and create a working product, service, and resource entities in a catalog-driven solution. As part of an agile development team, you will enable downstream systems to function, leveraging rules, decomposition, workflows that are designed and created by you.
Responsibilities will vary, but ultimately include:
- Create complex, multi-tier product, service, and resource entities following best practices and adhering to standards identified by TMForum and DISH
- Produce and present design documents and standards for catalog configuration including but not limited to, look and feel within the catalog and configuration standards
- Work closely with the Product Team to implement new products & processes and changes to existing products and processes
- Works closely with the product owner to determine if incoming requests as configuration or development work
- Provide end-user support, and participate in the development and implementation of future enhancements and/or projects. Including training and mentoring
- Analyze, test, and document modeling integration within the catalog
- Debug data configuration issues
- 3+ years of implementation experience in Product and Service catalog configuration
- Prior telecommunications knowledge
- Prior PLM knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of protocols such as JSON/XML/XSLT/REST
- Workflow creation a plus
- Functional knowledge of eTOM and Frameworx modeling standards
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
we are looking at expanding our team and in the look out for candidates that can help us with analyzing, profiling, validating and creating source to target mapping to enable data ingestion from various sources and creating data stores for business use.
This candidate will needs to have
- Excellent communications skill as they will need to have constant interaction with the business to elicit and understand requirements, provide optimal solutions and guide them through the process.
- Excellent SQL skills – we use complex structured query language to analyze and profile the data and create reports for the
- Good knowledge of Teradata, AWS (S3, Athena, Redshift)
- Experience with different data sources(structured, semi structured and unstructured)
Work hand-on with DISH Network’s Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Operational Data Store (ODS) systems. Collects, evaluates, and prepares data analysis and/or other complex analysis on databases for a specific business unit. Prepares data quality analysis (DQA) artifacts, including recommendations and data profiles used in the analysis and interpretation of data as appropriate, and source to target mappings. Ensures quality control of databases through the development and maintenance of test plans and quality control procedures and may assist in development and implementation of measurement systems. This position will be responsible for Data Analysis activities to support Data Warehouse projects.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- This person will be required to discover, analyze, profile and document findings on source data systems
- Create source to target mappings using business rules to transform data
- Assist development team during the development phase to resolve data issues and understand data constraints
- The candidate will create and maintain data sets for Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Once development activities are completed the candidate will drive the testing of the final data output
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starting individual who is able to dive into details and quickly provide summary level readouts of the source data
- The position requires very strong communication skills as the candidate will be required to interact regularly with all levels within the organization, including developers, architects, business users and management
- Assist with Tableau dashboard development
Skills – Experience and Requirements
A successful Software Engineer will have:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or three to four years related experience within an IT Department, preferably within a Data Warehouse and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in data analysis and creating data sets from multiple source systems
- Exposure to and experience in data warehousing concepts
- Strong SQL skills is a must.
- Experience working with various data sources (structured, semi structured and unstructured)
- Experience with Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server, are highly desired
- Experience with AWS (S3 , Athena and Redshift)
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience working within the Telco/Cable/Satellite/Wireless industry a definite plus
Co Access – Data Analyst- 6 mo. (posiible conversion to FTE)
- Healthcare Data Analysis experience is a MUST
- Medicaid, Claims, Insurance, Providers
- Profile and analyze data. Be able to look at data and see if it is representative of their needs and correct.
- Data is ETL dev requirements
- They will work with EDW Dev team and Business side – BA's.
- Table Joins
- Not gathering requirements more analysis and confirmation of the data.