***MUST BE VACCINATED Or have exemption Medical or Religious- Paperwork required
Job Title: Database Engineer
responsible for the overall database architecture and performance capacity planning of the database.
Estimated Percent of time Spent – 100%
- Designs and creates data models, develops and implements databases to support applications to accommodate a variety of user needs.
- Analyzes and determines informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Defines logical attributes and inter-relationships and designs data structures to accommodate application needs.
- Tests designed applications utilizing database management software or general programming software.
- Gathers system and database metrics pertaining to the running of databases to identify and resolve problems; determines and develops performance enhancements with measurable benchmarks.
- Works with DBA and Productions Services staff to monitor the running of databases to identify and resolve problems; continues performance enhancement with measurable benchmarks.
- Researches, installs, and tests software updates and patches to supported databases and various applications.
- Serves as a liaison with vendors and other third-party providers.
- Functions as part of the Applications and Systems organization to provide Level III technical support to resolve complex problems with applications, database systems and database interface code.
- Design, implementing and strategizing database systems and other system components, implement identified solutions, make suggestions for ensuring a cost-effective and efficient database infrastructure that provides the necessary data processing power essential to the business operations.
- Owns the database design/modeling portion of IT projects through the all project stages, preparing a technical design that reflects business requirements and is consistent with IT Strategy and overall IT Architecture.
- Evaluate new technologies and develop project proposals for new IT services, including pilots and production applications and services.
- Works with DBA and Productions Services staff to researche new technologies and present recommendations on major hardware and software purchases that reflects business requirements and is consistent with IT Strategy and overall IT architecture for the enterprise.
- Works with DBA and Productions Services staff to provides best practice to follow for local and remote database systems including user administration, automation, patch management, backup and restore, capacity/log monitoring, clustering, replication and migration.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Generates, communicates, and trains development groups the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Works under minimal supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
- May consult with senior peers on certain projects.
- Mentors less senior Database Architects.
- May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Does not include full supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation: (Nice To Have)
- MCDBA – Microsoft Certified Database Administrator Credential
Work Experience and Qualifications
- 5-9 years of progressively responsible database design and implementation experience
- Must be computer proficient and possess experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to quickly learn specific software and new applications.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships.
- Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, proactive, self-motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.