DO NOT POST THIS POSITION!!!
This position will report to Kay Chen (Financial Reporting Manager). Kay has been with FirstBank for 6 years and her manager Mike has been with the company for 17 years. This company has crazy longevity with its employees due to the way they are treated and the career advancement they provide their employees. It’s a great place for someone looking for a long-term fit where they can grow their career, learn a ton along the way and advance into bigger and better things as they continue to learn and grow.
The person that was in this role took another position with a different company but her name was Erin Blackman https://www.linkedin.com/in/erin-blackman-cpa-27116a47/
There are 4 members on this team (Systems Manager, Sr. Analyst, Jr. staff member, Sr. Financial Analyst/Reporting
They are looking for someone with 1-2 years of Public Accounting (preferably big 4) with 3-4 years of financial reporting or technical accounting.
If we find someone with Big 4 background (Deloitte and Touché, Ernst & Young, KPMG or PWC) with technical accounting experience it’s a slam dunk!
This person will lead the Financial Reporting Process in:
- Technical Accounting
- Implementation for major accounting updates
- Compilation of annual audit financial statements
- Design and Implement Internal Controls over financial reporting (Implement all ASU and Accounting updates)
What they need:
- CPA License
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and compilation of external financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Assurance experience with a public accounting firm
- Solid Experience in technical accounting and documentation of accounting positions
The base salary is $90-97K with no bonus but incredible benefits and great exposure to the business operations outside of accounting. This is a highly visible role with lots of recognition and career mobility.
Kay wants to see 3-4 candidates by Sept 17th at the very latest, but she will give immediate feedback on candidates that we send and interview those that fit immediately as they want this filled ASAP.
Financial Reporting/Sr. Analyst
Financial Reporting Senior Analysts play a leadership role in the Accounting Department, applying expertise and technical understanding to regulatory and accounting standards to drive procedure and policy. Advanced specialization allows the Senior Analyst to independently apply expertise to complex processes. In addition, the Senior Analyst is expected to perform more difficult transactions with little supervision and act as a subject matter expert to management. Ownership and accountability of processes and projects are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs technical accounting research on complex business transactions by studying existing and new legislation, advises management on necessary actions
- Ensures accounting policies and procedures are compliant with GAAP and applicable regulations
- Communicates with department heads to align technical accounting requirements with business processes
- Oversees compilation of Annual Financial Statement, including GAAP checklists
- Develops and executes action plans required by FASB accounting standard updates
- Pursues career-relevant continuing education
- Supervises department staff
- Uses independent judgment to perform advanced accounting assignments, often involving complex data
- Obtains and analyzes financial information to prepare reports, statements and recommendations
- Provides subject matter expertise and direction to coworkers and banks
- Consults and advises on accounting controls across all areas of the bank
- Identifies and reconciles financial discrepancies
- Independently communicates with external and internal auditors
- Provides project assistance and ownership
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
Minimum Qualifications of Position
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 5 years of related experience. A combination of post-high school education, job related certification and related experience equivalent to 7 years may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements
- History of independent research to apply GAAP/regulatory expectations to business processes
Preferred Qualifications of Position
- 5 to 7 years working experience in public accounting or in a financial accounting role for a public company (candidate with comparable experience, 6 to 8 years working experience in general ledger accounting for a public company or a large-size private company, will also be considered)
- Advanced degree in Accountancy
- Extensive working experience in external financial reporting and implementation of FASB pronouncements
Knowledge and Skills
- Expert knowledge of GAAP and corporate accounting
- Superior business judgement, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to focus on multiple priorities without degradation to quality of work produced
- Ability to manage and lead team projects
- Self-motivated with ability to refine processes and procedures
- Ability to drive business results under stringent timeline
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management