Throughout our history, even less than 100 years ago, women’s voices were considered subordinate. Once the 19th Amendment granted women the right to vote, social and professional norms started to change and develop. It wasn’t until recently, however, that we recognized the societal flaw in its depiction of women.
Women constantly viewed each other as competition where we had to be better, smarter, more alluring, harder working, etc. than the girl sitting next to us. We were always having to prove ourselves in order to compete in the race to break that glass ceiling – or truly anything within our professional/personal lives. What we didn’t realize was that this competition was hurting us. Sure, we were driven to succeed and be the best, but we were playing the wrong game.
When women are supporting women, we have a larger voice to create change. We’ve realized that there is a community with similar stories that we can all learn, grow, and gain confidence from. Not only are we empowered when we help each other, but the economy and global community is better off for it.
At Talent Navigation Experts, we are proud to be woman-owned and lucky to have ambitious and passionate women on our team. Our WBE (Women’s Business Enterprise) certificate is so meaningful to us, and we believe that it has made a positive impact on our business and company culture.
In celebration of Women’s History Month, we asked the women of TNE to share advice that has inspired them:
- Bridget, Owner – Separate yourself from others by working for and dressing for the job you WANT not the one you HAVE.
- Brittany, Technical Recruiter – Embrace your flaws as much as your features; and always, always, trust in your intuition!
- Kim, Accounting Payroll Benefits Specialist – If you’re too comfortable, it’s time to move on. Terrified of what’s next? You’re on the right track.
- Lauren, Technical Recruiter – Smile all the time! Always find an excuse to smile.
- Alyssa, Marketing and Office Coordinator – To be successful, you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can’t just accept the ones you like.
We want to recognize the intelligent women at TNE who have contributed to the success of our company. Thank you for your passion, drive, professionalism, and talent! Your ambition and hard work have diversified TNE from the bunch!